Sunday, February 20, 2011

Peggy's time in Indianapolis--no pictures at this time

Tue, Feb. 15—Fri. Feb. 18: As is to be expected, there is some adjustment taking place, but having a new sister AND having that sister and mommy gone for 13 days is a lot to handle when you are only four and not quite three years old. But we were able to have a lot of fun while I was with my grandsons. Tuesday was in the mid-forties with hazy sunshine so we spent some time outside. We tried to clear the sidewalk but its 2 inch covering of ice from the big storm was proving immovable. The 5 inches or so of crusty snow/ice on the front yard was good for sledding and the slight incline is just perfect for preschoolers. The weather warmed all week so that Wednesday and Thursday were in the 60s with some sun, which helped us all immensely. We were able to take long bike rides around the neighborhood that became easier and easier as the sidewalks melted off the two inch covering of ice from the big storm. Blowing bubbles was also popular. I had my hair done on Thursday morning at the nearby Aveda Institute and Sarah had her first chance to see how things will go with three kids. Friday Eli went to school for lunch and Jordan and I had some quality time alone for yet another bike ride and Sesame Street watching. When Sarah and Analyn were up, the four of us made a trip to Babies-R-Us and then to Barnes and Noble bookstore as Sarah and I took turns sitting with Ana who dozed peacefully in the warm sunshine in the minivan. We picked up lunch at Wendy’s and had an in-van picnic at the church while waiting for Eli to come out. It was a lovely morning! Friday is pizza/movie night at the Penquites. They let me pick the movie and I wanted to see Toy Story 3. Eli is the Buzz Lightyear nut, but Jordan was the one who gave a delightful play-by-play commentary as each of the characters made his or her entrance. Both boys were transfixed throughout the movie, taking a bite of pizza as requested but without being aware of eating, I think. I cried at the touching ending (of course) and couldn’t have enjoyed the evening more. Ana is sleeping for longer periods of time and staying awake for longer periods, too. It was hard to believe that I was leaving Saturday, but I could do so with a full heart, confident that all will be well for the Penquite family.

No comments:

Post a Comment