Monday, January 24, 2011

Our Winter Trip, 2011




Mon. Jan. 24: This blog actually started with yesterday’s excitement. Sarah called at 5:35am to let us know she was in labor. We went to church, began packing, and waited for more information. Analyn Dunn Penquite was born at 12:45. We found out later that she was born in the tub, as hoped. However, she beat the midwife by 15 minutes so it was up to Craig, Sarah and the doula to deliver her. But all went well and she was nursing and pinking up right away. Photos were posted and we were even more eager to get on our way. We got up this morning, intending to throw the last few things in the truck, turn off the water, and leave town but the cough that I have had since before Christmas was worse than ever so we agreed that I couldn’t go see a newborn until I had seen a doctor first. So I went to Redi-care while Marv packed. I was relieved to find out that a chest x-ray showed that I didn’t have pneumonia. I have a bilateral ear infection and lots of drainage and a nasty cough. But I am NOT contagious and he sent me off with a ten day antibiotic, a bottle of codeine cough syrup, and his blessings to go and meet my new granddaughter. Back at the house, we finished packing and got on the road before noon. The roads were snowy and slippery in town but the freeway was just wet and the further we got the less snow there was. By the time we got to Indianapolis it was 34° and they had some new snow that had fallen the night before. We played with the boys and held Analyn and generally enjoyed being with the new expanded family. Everyone enjoyed the beef and rice casserole that Great Grandma had sent along with a loaf of bread. It had been a truly wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment